RELEASE NOTES AND DISCLAIMERS
The following additional terms apply to the C++ Library for RSS (the “Software”) provided by Intel Corporation (“Intel”) to the recipient (“Recipient”).
The Software implements the RSS calculations and rules corresponding to the following scenarios:
- Multi-lane roads, i.e. longitudinal and lateral safe distance and proper response determination; and
- Intersections, i.e. two or more routes of different geometry, rules for intersections of routes, with priority/right of way, and longitudinal and lateral proper response determination. However, in the case of intersections, it is assumed that there is always a lateral conflict; and
- Unstructured roads and pedestrians.
The following parts of RSS are NOT implemented in this release of the Software:
- Longitudinal or lateral evasive maneuvers as defined by RSS; and
- Intersections without a lateral conflict.
Recipient understands, acknowledges and agrees that the Software:
- is a pre-production, research version intended for use in a testing simulator;
- should not be considered full, complete, or fully functional;
- does not contain all features necessary for a production version of the Software;
- has not been fully tested (including security testing) and may contain bugs, errors or faults;
- is not suitable for commercial or production release as part of a larger system in its current state;
- may not be suitable for development of transportation testing applications for test tracks or public roads; and
- has not obtained any regulatory approvals (such as, UL or FCC), or obtained any certifications or qualifications (such as, AEC-Q100) and may therefore not be certified for use in certain countries or environments.
By using the Software, Recipient agrees to the following:
- Recipient expressly assumes all risks associated with the use of the Software, which are provided “AS IS” by Intel with all faults.